Moving can be a stressful event in your life whether you are moving around the corner, across the state or to the other side of the country. During a Pandemic the stress is ramped up with new issues to keep in mind and work through. During different stages of a Pandemic you may have to face travel restrictions, business closures, logistical issues, supply shortages and more.
Everything we do is more problematic than usual during a pandemic. During normal times after you know where you are moving to, the first question is whether you are going to move yourself or hire a moving company. Once that is decided the next thing is to decide who is going to pack your belongings for the move. You will still have those same decisions to make when moving during a pandemic but your to do list will be much longer.
Here are some things you need to consider when moving during a pandemic.
- Familiarize Yourself With Any Local Rules or Restrictions for Your New Location
- Secure Extra Moving Supplies Because of Supply Chain Shortages
- Make Sure You Have Plenty of Cleaning Supplies, Hand Sanitizer and Masks
- Stay In Touch With Your Moving Company About Any Changes Before the Move
- Check Frequently for Changes in Regulations or Restrictions for the City You are Moving From and the City You Are Moving to
- Scout Your New Location for Essentials Like Grocery Stores, Pharmacies, Hardware Stores, Gas Stations and Medical Facilities
Planning and research will play a key role in your move. Keep a notepad handy so as questions arise you can write them down before you forget them. Like the old saying goes there are no dumb questions. Don’t be afraid to ask questions of anyone that is involved with your move.
Moving should be an exciting time with new opportunities and adventures. Keep these things in mind as you prepare to move during these trying times. With planning and preparation your move will go smoothly. If you need help or have any questions about moving please feel free to give us a call.